Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching, and the pressure to impress your loved one keeps increasing with each passing day. It can be harder than expected to select the perfect card, buy the right gift, and think of creative ways to show that special someone just how much they mean to you.
Sweet treats can be a great addition to any Valentine’s Date repertoire. If you’re not the greatest cook, or you simply cannot handle the stress of trying to cook a gourmet meal, never fear. Below, we’ve put together a list of 7 easy treats to choose from that will make your Valentine’s Day a little bit sweeter!
7) Peppermint Brownies
If you’re looking for a way to add a little flair to an ordinary brownie recipe, adding crushed peppermint pieces on top gives it a nice nuanced flavor that your sweetheart is sure to love!
- Boxed Brownie Mix
- 1 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Bag of Crushed Peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg, and the boxed brownie mixture together.
- Pour mixture into the pan then bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove brownies when you can stick a fork in them and it comes out clean.
- Set brownies to the side to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool, cut the brownies into your desired shape, then top each one with a layer of cream cheese icing.
- Set your iced brownies on a flat surface and gently sprinkle the peppermint pieces on top.
6) No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Baking a cheesecake can seem like a tricky endeavor. Thankfully, there are several no-bake recipes that will allow you to create your custom cheesecake overnight! A beloved staple is the no-bake strawberry cheesecake, which we've outlined below.
- Box of Graham Crackers
- 6 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 32oz of Cream Cheeze (softened)
- 1/2 Cup of Strawberry Preserves
- 8oz of Cool Whip Lite (thawed)
- Fresh Strawberries
- In a mixing bowl, crush 12 graham crackers and mix them with 6 tbsp melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend together 32oz of softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 8oz of cool whip, and 1/2 cup strawberry preserves.
- Press crushed graham mixture onto the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan making sure the graham creates a flat crust.
- Gently spread cream cheese mixture over the graham crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Remove and decorate with strawberries (whole or sliced depending on your preference).
5) Bailey's Irish Cream Shake (21+)
If you’re looking for a way to spice up the night,
- 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 Cup of Chocolate Syrup
- 3/4 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Bailey's (to taste)
- Whipped Cream
- In a blender, mix 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup of cholate syrup, 3/4 cup of milk, and 1/4 cup of Bailey's to taste.
- Blend together until properly mixed.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream.
- (Optional) Add garnish to top the whipped cream such as caramel, peanut butter cookie pieces, more chocolate syrup, etc.
4) Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Want to start your Valentine’s Day morning off right? Create a breakfast fit for a king/queen with these apple cinnamon pancakes. Not a fan of apple cinnamon? Swap them out for a different ingredient like blueberries or chocolate chips!
- Boxed Pancake Mixture
- 3/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 Apple
- (Optional) 1 Banana
- Peel your apple, then dice it into fine pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix boxed pancake mix, 3/4 cup of milk, 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of honey, and the diced apple pieces.
- Turn your stovetop burner on to medium-low heat.
- Apply non-stick baking spray to a skillet and leave skillet to warm on the burner for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 pancake mixture onto the skillet, when mixture begins to bubble, flip the pancake over and cook until light golden brown.
- Stack your pancakes on a plate and lightly drizzle with honey or syrup.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon over your honey/syrup.
- (Optional) Apply thinly sliced banana pieces.
3) Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Where would this list be without chocolate strawberries? These easy Valentine’s Day staples are the perfect snack to munch on while spending an evening with the love of your life.
- 1-2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Carton of Strawberries w/Stems
- 2 Tbsp. of Corn Syrup
- 6 Tbsp. of Butter
- Wash strawberries thoroughly with cold water, then gently pat dry.
- In a saucepan using low stove heat, melt 1-2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 tbsp. corn syrup, and 6 tbsp of
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a pan.
- Hold strawberries by the stem, then dip into chocolate and place them side-down on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
2) Simple Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies baked with love can be the perfect way to top off your Valentine's Day dinner. Below, we've put together the easiest sugar cookie recipe you can whip up to please that special someone.
- 2 3/4 Cups of Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together 1 cup of softened butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar until smooth, then beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Slowly blend 2 3/4 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder into your liquid mixture.
- Roll dough into small quarter-sized balls OR spread dough onto a baking sheet and use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes.
- Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet leaving about 1-2 inches of room between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
1) Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
If you're looking to skip the store-bought cupcakes and make something a little bit more creative instead, raspberry cupcakes are a delicious Valentine's Day treat that's sure to impress!
- Box of Dark Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Carton of Raspberries
- 1 Tub of Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir box of cupcake mix, 3 eggs, and 1 stick of butter.
- In a muffin tin, divide cupcake mixture evenly, then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently remove cupcakes and place them on a flat surface.
- Apply whipped vanilla frosting, or ice it by placing frosting in a plastic piping bag.
- Wash raspberries in cold water and gently pat dry.
- Place one cherry on top of each cupcake and a few off to the side to garnish the plate.
Using these 7 easy recipes, you should be well on your way to creating a magical Valentine's Day experience for your loved one. The trick is to get creative with the recipes and add things you know they'll love.
This personalization goes a long way in helping your Valentine feel special, and it's a fun activity that you can get your kids involved in as well. Except for that Bailey's shake, of course!